Many of us will be gathered together today and perhaps throughout the weekend for some well-anticipated “usuals”. Perhaps you find yourself with a new “usual”, or new tradition to start as you find yourself in a new stage of life. No matter where, when, what, or how you celebrate, just the fact that you ARE celebrating is a gift in and of itself. Families are just that, families – each one a little more im-perfect than the rest. For God’s ordained purposes, they are family. Lessons can abound this year,what will we learn?
Thought I’d leave you today with a few questions to toss around the table. You might just find your ears hearing something new this year. So come on, be THAT guy or girl to start, as silly as it may be, you might find it to be a new lesson in the making. Enjoy!
Thanksgiving Conversation Starters
- If you were in a Thanksgiving play, what character would you be? Why?
- What is your favorite dish in the Thanksgiving meal?
- In reflecting over the past year, what happened that you’re very thankful for?
- What are you thankful did not happen?
- Name someone you are thankful for who has made a difference in your life.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.