Sunday, June 12th – what a great morning! My alarm sounded at 4:30, my sweet husband awoke with me, and off I drove to pick up my doubly sweet friend Tracey who agreed to accompany me on this adventure. She was such an amazing encouragement and support to me. One day we’ll participate in one together…
Aaron and the kids? They were serving at a 5k run in Dublin! You can read more about it here. We met up later in the morning at the ball fields and enjoyed a great time of sharing!
I just can’t say enough about this amazing opportunity. Looking back, the Lord allowed me some great time in training as the kids finished school. He really did train me for this day, more than I realized at the time. Not until I reached this side of the event could I fully fathom the sheer blessings of how He gives, above and beyond, to one who’s heart wants to obey. This day was simply a time to give in worship, and I cherished it.
- Being greeted by my sweet friend Missy before the race, as she was swimming in a relay, years of our lives spent in competition suits.
- Talking with my childhood swim coach before the race (Missy’s Dad)
- Being greeted by other friends this sport has brought into my life.
- Perfectly cool weather to crunch through a work out for 1:47.46
- Meeting other Moms whose desire is to live a healthy lifestyle
- Watching others zoom by on their bikes, praying for safety and a great race for them as well
- Realizing that each one of us inspires and encourages others to try their best, even if it’s beating the girl next to you!
- Thankful for a great bike with lots of gears.
- Words of encouragement – they give life to the exhausted
- Acknowledging the Lord’s strength while running
- Proud to simply finish, and finish well – swimming 5 miles in 14:12, biking 18 miles in 1:02.56, and running a 3.1 mils in 25:47.
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.