I am typing this as a “guest post” for my lovely bride. She was kind enough to let me use her Booksneeze available book order to get a copy of The Lucado Life Lessons Study Bible. If you didn’t already know, I’m a pretty huge fan of Max. He’s one of my literary heroes and I’ve always wanted one of his study bibles. I currently have a book I’m reviewing so when the opportunity arose, my wife kindly said she would order it for me to review.
From a build and benefits standpoint, the Lucado Life Lessons Study Bible is a quality book. It’s hard cover and subtle artwork make it a very nice looking and solid study Bible. One of the things that jumped out to me right away is the “Guaranteed For Life” logo on the cover. I was not aware of this, but Thomas Nelson guarantees the quality of their Bibles. You can register through their website for a lifetime guarantee and additional free offers. That is outstanding!
Since reviewing a Bible is always a bit odd (the text has already been pretty well debated and discussed), I wanted to point out a few of the key features of a Lucado Life Lessons Study Bible.
- Christ Through The Bible sidebars that demonstrate the presence and attributes of Jesus Christ from Genesis through Revelation.
- More than 1000 insightful Life Lessons from Max Lucado that relate to specific passages.
- Notes that walk readers through the plan of salvation and the path of discipleship
- Additional writings from Max Lucado on subjects such as grace, forgiveness, guidance and faith.
- A topical index that gives full access to the teachings of Scripture by subject.
I will cherish this Bible and look forward to using it in the new year devotionally. There are a few different devotional plans within the book and guides for reading through the entire Bible. I highly recommend this if you are in the market for a new Bible to begin this year.
I give it a 5 out of 5!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Thomas Nelson Publishers sent me a free copy of this book as part of their bloggers book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”