I love my husband. Plain, simple. Yet, oh how we complicate these words – to love. Perhaps it’s the approaching Father’s Day, maybe it’s coming off the tale-end of our anniversary celebration, whatever the date, I sit in reflection tonight of all that life affords, what it throws at us, the good and the bad. My resulting thought – I love my husband.
Aaron calls it grace, and yes indeed it is, but his past would tell you that he is starting brand-new in certain areas of his life. Some people have lived a life of examples, some live up to a standard of what “I’m not going to do” in my future, I am so proud to say that my husband lives his life straight from a heart focused on his Heavenly Father, and it has made all the difference…
Now least you may be having thoughts of a dreamy marriage, let’s just say that hasn’t been our whole story. I can say we both began with independent, selfish hearts… and we’ve grown from there. We’ve been through some hard, which has led us to now, and we’d both say we’d do it all over again. So what’s the difference? God. Again, simple, true. We have made choices. We have prayed through staying the course. We have gained tremendous sight and perspective, all afforded in choosing to seek His face daily. Have we arrived? Nope, never will, this side of heaven, but until we do, we take one step at a time, fall and get back up, say we’re sorry, and extend forgiveness. Simple concepts, life transforming results. How do I know it’s God? I can tell you what a mess we made of things on our own, which leads me to the logical conclusion that the missing variable in the equation was in fact, God.
Aaron, today I thank you for these things:
- I’m in awe as I watch your guidance with our son… truly.
- I’m so thankful for how you appreciate me in all your special ways.
- I watch the girls light up when they run to you for a hug.
- I listen as you speak kind words into the life of your family, friends, co-workers, and strangers.
- I love to witness the way you open your heart to hopes and dreams.
- I appreciate the care you take in balancing your career and your family.
- I cherish the laughter you bring into our everyday conversations.
- I appreciate the respect you extend to me as your team-mate.
- I stand amazed at your stubborness determination to keep running for Him and with Him.
- I love the way you love me…
As we anticipate our time away together as a family, taking in all the ocean affords, I couldn’t be more thankful to celebrate together the gift of family. So today, my love, I say it again…
I love you… just because.
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children